[mythtv-users] Comcast Fall attack

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 18:32:04 UTC 2007

On 11/6/07, Matthew Dansereau <matthew at dansereau.com> wrote:

> I'm looking into the option of the Firewire Port on the Motarola Box.  I
> hear that it streams RAW MPEG.
> Until there is a cost effective HDMI capture card we are really at the mercy
> of the cable companies.
>
> I really hope that I can get the Firewrie to work though, that would allow
> for full spectum of channels that my cable box gets to hit my Mythtv
> system...
>
> I have heard that a few of us Mythtv fanatics have used this pretty
> successfully...

It is likely that you won't be able to get every single channel over
firewire.  Many cable companies (and comcast is notorious for doing
this) restrict what channels are outputted over firewire.  You should
be able to get your local channels (that your HD capture card also
gives you).  It is doubtful that you will get premium or other
channels though.