[mythtv-users] Comcast Fall attack

Matthew Dansereau matthew at dansereau.com
Tue Nov 6 18:18:16 UTC 2007

I'm located new Foxboro, MA
I have comcast digital too.  ($55)
I can still access non-digital shows using my pvr150.

I also use a pcHDTV5500 for DVB.

I really don't like what I see avaiable now maybe 50 "digital" stations.  It
seems that rabbit ears will pull in almost the same amount of shows in HD --
most of the other channels are blocked or scrambled I guess.

I'm looking into the option of the Firewire Port on the Motarola Box.  I
hear that it streams RAW MPEG.
Until there is a cost effective HDMI capture card we are really at the mercy
of the cable companies.

I really hope that I can get the Firewrie to work though, that would allow
for full spectum of channels that my cable box gets to hit my Mythtv
system...

I have heard that a few of us Mythtv fanatics have used this pretty
successfully...