[mythtv-users] Duplicate matching doesn't seem to work

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 17:41:23 UTC 2007

> If I revert back to subtitle and description and then manually edit
> the database and set the subtitle to to 'a' for both episodes then it
> will record one showing as I would expect and again as I would expect
> if I set one subtitle to 'a' and one to 'b' then they are both
> scheduled.
>
> Is this the expected behaviour?

>Absolutely.  If there's no subtitle, Myth has no way to differentiate
>between specific episodes (I would argue it should also support
>duplicate detection using other identifiers from the guide, but
>unfortunately that's not available, at least in 0.20), and so it errs
>on the side of caution and records them both.

>Brett.

Thanks for your replies.

Not sure I've explained myself very well.

What I'm seeing is that if the subtitles are the same but non empty
then it uses the description alone to successfully differentiate the
episodes, however if they are both empty then it will schedule both
episodes.

Actually just come across a posting from ages ago
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/52712#52712
that suggests that what I think I am seeing was a problem a very long
time ago but has been fixed.

What I am wondering is there an option buried somewhere to telly myth
to treat empty fields as identical.

Stephen