[mythtv-users] UPnP in MythTV 0.20.2 - SOLVED!

cosch at torfbruecke.net cosch at torfbruecke.net
Tue Nov 6 16:02:30 UTC 2007

Hello,

thx for your help on this. I finally found out what is going wrong in my
setup and want to share my findings.

As Upnp AV client i have a dreambox
7025(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreambox) running Gemini2 images. This
 is linux based and therefore using djmount as Upnp client. It turns out
that i can see the shares in filesystem (djmount uses FUSE to show them)
but they are missing in the UI if Myth 0.20.2 is the server.

If i use Myth 0.20.1 they show up fine even in the UI.
So i checked the diff on Myth side and came to following:

Svn commit from rev. 14249 to rev. 14250 contains a change in
upnpdevice.cpp which made incompatible.

If i revert line 305-307 from

    QString sFriendlyName = QString( "%1: %2" )
                               .arg( GetHostName() )
                               .arg( pDevice->m_sFriendlyName );

    QString sFriendlyName = QString( "%1 on %2" )
                               .arg( pDevice->m_sFriendlyName   )
                               .arg( GetHostName() );

everything is show up again.

I will doublecheck what is happening with latest trunk later and my
patch later.

What you think is the best to proceed now?
How to get this in the svn - may a question for the dev list?

br,
/cosch