[mythtv-users] Mythweb flash streaming not working over Internet, but works over internal network

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 22:41:50 UTC 2007

I'm running a recent SVN (trunk).  I have a small problem with Mythweb and
the ability to stream a flash file from the 'recorded shows' tab.  If I try
it over my internal network at home - it works great.  Reaching my mythweb
server of the Internet doesn't.  It shows the preview - with the flash
'play/stop/...' buttons - but when pressing 'play' the screen goes black and
nothing happens.  Same laptop - connecting with my local network - file
starts playing.

I have a firewall on my router that only passes through port 80 (but
redirected from another number to help with security).  I'm assuming the
problem has something to do with the port that flash wants to use not being
available.  What puzzles me though - is that it used to work a few months
ago.  Nothing has changed (I don't think) with my server or router /
firewall other than being updated to a newer version of svn.

Is there a particular port that I should be opening now?  (I tried 1935
which google informed me was a 'flash port'?).  Why did it work before- but
stop working (except over my local n/w)?

Thanks.  I miss being able to use my Myth when on the road,
Nick