[mythtv-users] Can't start Mythbackend

Eric Robinson ryunokokoro at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 17:39:26 UTC 2007

I ran the following commands and can now run mythbackend.

   1. mysql -u root mythconverg
   2. mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"localhost" identified
   by "mythtv";
   mysql> flush privileges;

The hard drive then just keeps chugging and I get a whole bunch of output
like this:

> [mpeg2video @ 0x2abb253dcfb0]invalid cbp at 32 67
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2abb253dcfb0]ac-tex damaged at 20 56
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2abb253dcfb0]ac-tex damaged at 3 57
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2abb253dcfb0]ac-tex damaged at 74 58
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2abb253dcfb0]ac-tex damaged at 76 59
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2abb253dcfb0]mb incr damaged
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2abb253dcfb0]ac-tex damaged at 13 61
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2abb253dcfb0]mb incr damaged
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2abb253dcfb0]ac-tex damaged at 27 63
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2abb253dcfb0]ac-tex damaged at 107 64
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2abb253dcfb0]mb incr damaged
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2abb253dcfb0]ac-tex damaged at 51 66
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2abb253dcfb0]invalid cbp at 1 67
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2afe83f92fb0]00 motion_type at 118 51
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2afe83f92fb0]Warning MVs not available
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2afe83f92fb0]00 motion_type at 4 55
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2afe83f92fb0]00 motion_type at 55 57
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2afe83f92fb0]00 motion_type at 3 56
> [mpeg2video @ 0x2afe83f92fb0]Warning MVs not available

What you see above is the tail of all the output.  Is it just cleaning up
some video footage that didn't get cleaned before the computer ran out of
disk space?  Should I be concerned?

Furthermore, I feel that adding "mythtv at localhost" was a bit weird.  Why did
changing this get it to work?  I don't remember adding that before... the
only thing I ever did in mysql was the GRANT ALL on my subnet for mythtv...

Thoughts?  Opinions?

Thanks,

Eric