[mythtv-users] Eskil's shoutcast patch updated - trunk at r14740 --help--

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 2 23:07:57 UTC 2007

Roo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Firstly, thanks Eskil for you work in adding Shoutcast capability to MythMusic.
>
> I am posting an updated version of Eskil's shoutcast patch for trunk
> here as the current version on Eskil's website (google for "eskil
> shoutcast mythtv") is against r14140 and doesn't apply cleanly.
>
> A word of warning, this handles the theme stuff differently to the way
> Eskil did it in his original big patch. But, as a consequence, this
> updated version should work with *all* themes.
>
> If you have already applied and installed the shoutcast patch before I
> would suggest removing "<install_prefix>/share/mythtv/themes" and
> reinstalling the themes.
>
> I do not intend on keeping this updated, I have only posted this to
> the list as my attempts to contact Eskil directly have been
> unsuccessful to date and I hope he catches this thread.
>
> I have tested it on my laptop and all seems well, but, "if it does
> break your installation you get to keep both bits" :)
>
> For now it will be available from
> http://www.users.on.net/~camel/mythtv/shoutcast-r14740.diff.gz but
> will not remain there indefinitely. I tried posting it as an
> attachment but it was too large (>40KBytes).
>

> Cheers,
>
> Roo.

Tried to find this file but no luck. I did however find the r14738 diff.

Would really like a patch against something a bit newer if possible. I
thought I read a post from someone that they had updated the patch to
work against current svn trunk. That would be ideal. Could someone
please post a link to anything more recent?

One more question??? What do I have to do to get that diff to apply to
myth? I grabbed r14738 and tried to apply with the patch command however
it complains that it cannot locate the files even though they are
located in exactly the spot they want. Is there some magic command line?

TIA,
Bill