[mythtv-users] DVB-C and mythTV : @home Netherlands

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Fri Nov 2 19:36:53 UTC 2007

Hi Gert,

> >> Is this a DVB-C card with CI and smartcard ? If so I am very interested
> >> in this combination.
> >
> > Correct. I use a KNC1 card with attached CI. I ordered an alphacrypt
> > card, which should arrive this week, so I should know more about it by
> > the end of this week. For now the free channels like (nederland1, TV
> > brabant, TV flevoland etcc...) work fine.

I finally got my CAM card in and it works. I can receive all @home channel
using the DVB-C card + alphacrypt CAM and of course the supplied smartcard.

However, this is still in kaffeine but it should work in mythtv as well.

As mentioned before I needed to set up a lot of files with different
frequencies and scan rates to find all channels. After this I had to load
every file in kaffeine and scan for channels. The same can be done with
scandvb and the resulting channels.conf I imported in mythtv. Although mythtv
seems to find all channels from this file, the resulting picture is still
black. I believe this to be a separate issue to which some people already
pointed me to possible solutions (just haven't had time to try it yet).

Regards,
Marcel