[mythtv-users] DVD Drive slow down in Gutsy

Mark Murray marklmurray at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 02:09:52 UTC 2007

Well,  here's what I've found.

When I first started the dvd, my drive was going full speed and was
quite loud.  I'd thought that letting the rc.local script run the
command was working, but I guess it wasn't.

However, while the disk was spinning I issued the `speedcontrol`
command and the drive immediately responded, by slowing down.  It ran
nice and quiet from that point on.

I'm not sure if the command has no effect if there's no disk in the
drive when it's issued or if my rc.local script isn't be run on boot
up.  I'll have to look into this some more.

Mark

On Nov 1, 2007 7:43 AM, Damian O'Sullivan <damian.osullivan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31/10/2007, Mark Murray <marklmurray at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You know, just last week I updated to Gutsy and 2.6.22 so I haven't
> > actually checked to see if its still working under 2.6.22.  I wouldn't
> > have thought the kernel version would make much difference, but now
> > you've got me doubting myself - I'll test it again tonight.
> >
> > Mark
> >

> Hi Mark,
>
> Did you give this a go last night?
>
> D.