[mythtv-users] Fe / Be -- no mytharchive, so what to do?

Jake Vickers jake at v2gnu.com
Thu May 31 21:46:46 UTC 2007

David Frascone wrote:

> On 5/31/07, *William Munson* <william_munson at bellsouth.net
> <mailto:william_munson at bellsouth.net>> wrote:
>

>     I thought mytharchive would run ok on a split system. You might
>     want to
>     manually go thru the steps mytharchive takes and find out what step is
>     failing. You might find that you are missing a program or two.
>     There has
>     also been some talk on the list about mytharchive failing due to
>     upgrades to some of the programs used.
>

> It complains about not being able to find the recordings.  Also, when
> it comes to recording videos, it ends up with a blank screen waiting
> for status, and no status ever happens.
>
> For those of us who do not consider ourselves "Friends of Bill", do
> you know of any easy interface to transcode/mkisofs/etc to burn
> <random media types> to properly playing DVD's?
It's a little awkward, but I create the ISO on the backend machine
(installed the frontend just for this purpose), and when it's done I
(previously) setup a NFS share to share mytharchive's output dir with my
desktop machine that has the DVD burner. I run Ubuntu on it, so I just
right click the ISO, and select burn. Delete the ISO, and repeat.