[mythtv-users] mytharchive

norman norman at littletank.org
Thu May 31 17:18:52 UTC 2007

< snip >

> CD/DVD > Archive Files > Export Video Files > Create DVD >

Did that, no problem

> Select Make ISO image,  go to NEXT

Did that, no problem

> Window (empty) headed 'Select Archive Items':  select Add Recording

Window was not empty but contained the recordings list.

> Highlight and select recordings.  Individual size is shown, but no total.

Correct

> OK returns you, after some database activity, to the previous screen,
> and now may show that you have selected too many recordings.

Problem, no OK button. Tried next and went straight to select theme.

> 'Add recording', deselect as appropriate, and try OK again.  When the
> size is right, Next.
>
> Select a Theme. Next.

Did that, OK

> Screen 'Items Selected' offers choices of encoder profile, which will
> change the expected size of the image and may require further
> backtracking.  A small oversize should be shrunk automatically to fit.

I selected 'Don't re-encode' and the size was shown in the monitor.

> Finish.   After much disk activity you may have an ISO image, playable
> and perhaps burnable through the 'Archive Utilities' - although I use
> K3b to burn.

On selecting finish I expected to see some activity in the log window,
there was none. The HDD light is doing a gentle flicker so I will sit
back and wait.

Norman