[mythtv-users] VERY OT: Going to Linux.

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Thu May 31 16:50:13 UTC 2007

I don't know where else to ask this.  Also, if someone could point me to a
"general" linux mailing list to ask questions, not a specific distro or
anything, I would appreciate it so i didn't bother you guys with non MythTV
stuff.  My main experience with Linux has been with mythTV.  Been almost 6
years i believe (i just know it was before I was married).  Lately, it has
been mainly KnoppMythTV.  And basically, i know how to compile and stuff,
but i haven't really used it beyond watching TV.  I would like to go Linux
on my main computer.  I know i'm not going to get my wife away from windows,
if not for Office alone.  But I want to.  My only concern is playing WoW.  I
have read it works under Wine, but read conflicting reports on performance.
I only have 1gig Ram, but do have an Athlon 64 3400+ i think.  I was
wondering the general concensus on ease of use distro and performance wise
distro.  I'm just looking for guidance i guess.  And i trust the MythTV
community more than any other source, just cause y'all have helped me alot
and get MythTV to have that WAF, and now she can't live without it.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell