[mythtv-users] MythVideo Internal player aspect ratio problem

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Tue May 29 21:26:38 UTC 2007

After upgrading to MythTV 20.1 I switched MythVideo to use the
internal player. Now I have a strange problem with aspect ratio of the
movies:

I have an MPEG4 AVI file (created by mencoder) which I can play with
mplayer, it reports aspect ratio 1.78:1 and the movie looks right.
When I play it with MythVideo and "Aspect Override" setting is "off",
I get aspect ratio 1.5:1. Using "w" key I can cycle through all aspect
ratios: 4:3 stretches the picture and fills the screen, 16:9 is right
and gives black bars on top and bottom, "off" gives black bars of
exactly half the height, which implies 1.5:1 aspect ratio.

The question is, where did the 1.5:1 come from, and how do I make
MythVideo use the aspect ratio in the AVI file?

Thanks,

Fedor

--
Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)