[mythtv-users] Interactive TV (aka ITV in FE), MHEG, RedButton etc

j.pilk at tesco.net j.pilk at tesco.net
Tue May 29 19:52:55 UTC 2007

Mark Kendall wrote:

On 5/29/07, j.pilk at tesco.net <j.pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> > So far I haven't found a way to schedule recording of the primary RedButton content.  It seems to be accessible in live recordings of eg BBC1 or channel 301, but not AFAICT in scheduled recordings of BBC1, and my attempts to use the EIT-based Program Guide to schedule recordings on
> > 301 are ignored.
> >
> > I haven't tried the manual scheduler yet.  Is that what I  would have to use?

If I understand you correctly, you're getting interactive content on
live tv and not on recordings. Is that right?

To change this, you need to go into setup->tv settings->recording
profiles. You should find options to enable recording of the
interactive content for recordings. I think it defaults to included
for livetv and not for recordings.

regards

Mark

All the DVB profiles I'm using are set to 'normal', which says it records interactive content.  There's a 'radio' profile too, set to audio only.  I think I set that one up, but I'm not using it.  Scheduled recordings of radio do retain some interactive content, but I usually strip that off, retaining just the mp2 sound file.

What I was looking for was a way to schedule recording of the primary 'background' content (last week it was the Chelsea show, at other times it's often a sporting event) in its own right, so that it won't be eliminated by a standard pass through the current mythtranscode.

But thanks for the input, and apologies if the format of this message turns out to be unconventional!

John Pilkington