[mythtv-users] HIPER HMC-2K53A as MythTv Frontend?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue May 29 14:07:21 UTC 2007

Demond James wrote:
> James Armstrong wrote:
>>
>> There is no support for the VFD, hipergroup responded to my
>> email asking for some chip details so *I* could write a driver. They
>> responded saying there is no linux support and don't plan on any. Kind of a
>> turn off.

They may not be able to give you any information on the chip. They
didn't make it, after all, and they almost certainly obtained the
technical information on it based on signing an NDA with the maker.

Your best bet might be to find out the chip's manufacturer and try going
directly to them. Usually the chip maker's main concern is not to give
away "trade secrets" to possible competitors.

But their standard policy might well be that you must sign an NDA to get
any information, and I can certainly understand that from their point of
view.

BEWW