[mythtv-users] Skip settings

Neil Raymond neil_raymond at hotmail.com
Mon May 28 19:43:21 UTC 2007

Apologies if I'm being a bit of a plonker but I can't seem to find where in
the frontend setup to configure the number of seconds that playback skips
backwards/forward when pressing the left/right arrows keys. I'm using
version 0.20.fixes on my Mac, and 0.20.1 on the server. The problem happens
in the frontend on both builds.

The documentation that I've read e.g.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User_Manual:Detailed_configuration_Frontend#Seeking
suggests that it should be on the "Seeking" page found under Utilities/Setup
-> Setup -> TV Settings -> Playback, but all I have on that page are "Smart
Fast Forwarding", "Sticky Keys", "Fast forward/rewind reposition amount",
"Reverse direction in fast forward/rewind" and "Seek to exact frame".

Have "Fast forward amount" and "Rewind amount" been moved somewhere else? If
they're not available through the frontend, can anyone tell me how to go
about changing the settings in the database.

Cheers

Neil