[mythtv-users] Help to instal mythtv-suite: missing dependency faad2 < 2.5

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun May 27 21:58:40 UTC 2007

On 27 May 2007 14:16:25 -0400, Henry S. Greenside <hsg at phy.duke.edu> wrote:

> I tried updating mythtv on my FC6 system today and ran into
> several yum dependency errors that I don't know how to
> resolve.
>
> Since I already had mythtv running, I simply tried "yum
> upgrade". This led to many files to update but yum ran into
> a problem, saying that installing the file
>
>     lame-libs-3.97-4.lvn6
>
> would conflict with an existing file. So I used "yum erase"
> to erase this file, but this required me to delete most
> mythtv-related files. So I did this and then ran
>
>     yum install mythtv-suite
>
> to reinstall all the various mythtv files with
> dependencies. This step nearly completed but then failed
> with this error message:
>
>     missing dependency: faad2 < 2.5 is needed by package ffmpeg-libs
>
> The current version of faad2 is 2.5.7. So I deleted the
> installed version of faad2 and installed an earlier version
> "faad2-2.0-19-20050", reran "install mythtv-suite" but got
> the same error message, "faad2 < 2.5 ...".
>
> So I am stuck: can someone please explain how to get around
> this dependency for ffmpeg-libs? My mythtv is dead until I
> figure this out since "install mythtv-suite" won't complete.

You're suffering from inter-repository conflicts regarding package
versions (livna carries packages that are also available from atrmps
and these conflict).

I woud remove any livna versions of ffmpeg*, lame*, and faad*, and
then temporarily disable the livna repository when you update MythTV.
This should ensure you get the full complement of compatible MythTV
dependencies from only atrpms.net.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: