[mythtv-users] deinterlacing and non-smooth playback at 1080i

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Sun May 27 19:10:33 UTC 2007

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 01:59:39PM -0700, Seth Daniel wrote:
> On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 01:42:53PM +0100, Mark Kendall wrote:
[...]
> > Otherwise, there may be something that daniel has changed wtih xv
> > rendering in the mythtv-vid branch, so probably worth trying that
> > build as well.
>
> I can say for certain that the mythtv-vid branch does not resolve the
> problem.  I tried it with my card (Nvidia 6200TC) and it exhibited the
> same problems described above.

Okay, I was wrong.  My .nvidia-settings-rc was causing nvidia-settings
to die because there were some configuration items that the driver
didn't recognize.  Once I fixed those problems and turned off
XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank I actually got a picture.  I tried with and
without the patch you provided a while back on the mythtv-vid branch.  I
still have rather impressive sync problems and quite a lot of tearing.
This was with both HEAD trunk and mythtv-vid.

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects