[mythtv-users] mythweb and the directv h20

Bob Gamble kiksadiweb at gmail.com
Sun May 27 17:53:01 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have followed directions in the guide at:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Controlling_DirectTV_D11_via_USB with
no luck.  What I was hoping for was to be able to schedule recordings
through mythweb using the setup described at that page.  However, under the
hardware requirements section, it states the H20 is not yet fully supported.

I was confused by the instructions since the page described my receiver
setup and at least to me, made it sound like it was supported.  Then reading
another post to a directv support person, I found this:

"Okay, I did get an answer. On the H20 the serial control is not yet
activated. It will be activated at the same time the "Active" feature is
enabled, but I don't have an estimate on when that will be. DirecTV does
understand the importance of having this capability for home theater
installations.

Carl"
So, has anyone out there gotten this to work with an H20 receiver?  There is
very little information other than the link I posted above on the receiver.
I was able to shut down and start the receiver up running the
directv.plscript from the command line.  But none of the other
commands work.

I am also sure the port is /dev/ttyS0 as that is the only port getting
recognized on boot messages.  However, plugging the serial cable shows
nothing in the kernel log.

I'm using Ubuntu Feisty with the mythtv version packaged with that
distribution (mythtv .20).  Any shared experiences with this receiver would
be much appreciated.  Thank you.