[mythtv-users] deinterlacing and non-smooth playback at 1080i

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Sat May 26 20:59:39 UTC 2007

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 01:42:53PM +0100, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On 5/24/07, Seth Daniel <mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org> wrote:
>> All right. I was able to compile and install 8776 with that patch you
>> pointed
>> out.  I then modified my .nvidia-settings-rc files and turned off
>> 0/SyncToVBlank and 0/XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank.  Started X.  Ran
>> nvidia-settings --load-config-only.  Ran myth frontend.  Selected a
>> 1080i recording...and I get 1-2 seconds of sound, a black screen, and
>> then it hangs (I presume).
>
> Seth
>
> I've attached my xorg.conf in case it gives any pointers. I've not
> seen what you describe in some time - am starting to wonder whether
> it's down to the card model as well. The 7xxx series (I think) and
> above actually use opengl to render xv - so you may only see certain
> xv bugs on certain models.

I have a 7200 lying about somewhere.  I may just see what happens with
it.  I originally bought it b/c it had a component dongle and I wanted
to see if using component-out had the same sync problems that DVI has
(it does, even though I can use the built-in 1920x1080 modeline and not
a custom modeline).

> Otherwise, there may be something that daniel has changed wtih xv
> rendering in the mythtv-vid branch, so probably worth trying that
> build as well.

I can say for certain that the mythtv-vid branch does not resolve the
problem.  I tried it with my card (Nvidia 6200TC) and it exhibited the
same problems described above.

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.