[mythtv-users] Video display in Program Guide in wrong location

Rusty Lingenfelter rusty.lingenfelter at netzero.om
Sat May 26 20:18:12 UTC 2007

On Saturday 26 May 2007 10:09:37 Rusty Lingenfelter wrote:
> I am also looking for a solution to this problem. I have tried a number of
> setting with no joy. I am running myth under unbuntu feisty. When I got to
> the guide, the video window is in the upper left corner and is distorted.
> It overlays the program detail information. In the upper right where it
> would normally be there is a black box that says loading. If I can get the
> video back where it belongs, I would rather turn it off. Obviously this is
> not a unique problem. Any assistance is appreciated.
>
> Ling

There is another thread with a similar discussion. The answer in that thread
pointed me in the right direction. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 7000 VE
and the default Ubuntu installation used the 'vesa' driver. The poster in the
other thread suggested their was a problem with Xv support. He wasn't too
specific, but I decided to try the 'ati' driver. After a sudo
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg and a little futzing I got it going and the
guide video preview window is back in the upper left corner where it belongs.