[mythtv-users] Software RAID and ionice

Craig Huff huffcs at yahoo.com
Sat May 26 16:48:42 UTC 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Richard Freeman <r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net>
To: Craig Huff <huffcs at yahoo.com>
Cc: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 6:19:40 AM
Subject: Re: Software RAID and ionice

<snip>

Richard,

I am familiar with nice, but others reading this may not be, so it was good to explain.

The output from "# cat /sys/block/hda/queue/scheduler" on my system is:
noop anticipatory deadline [cfq]

Am I correct in surmising that means cfq is enabled (because it is wrapped in square brackets)?

Since I use mythwelcome, mythshutdown, and Suspend2 to hibernate my system with a custom startup/shutdown script, I have a few more places I'll need to modify program invocations. ;-)

Thanks for your help!

Craig