[mythtv-users] PS3 getting DLNA network streaming capability

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Sat May 26 12:49:09 UTC 2007

On 5/26/07, Peter Drysdale <peter.drysdale.mythtv at googlemail.com> wrote:
> As a temporary fix (this was worked out by some basic reverse
> engineering, and no reference to the DLNA specs, and it *most* likely
> changed in the wrong place, but it *does* work) try:
>
> http://pastebin.ca/510453
>
> as a one line change against a current SVN version to fix this specific problem.
>
> Let me know how well it works,

Peter - nice work! Seems to work well and I've just noticed that the
ps3 automatically bookmarks your position as well.

The only obvious problem is that it doesn't seem to work with certain
recordings. More specifically, there are recordings from specific
channels that do not have audio in playback and will not seek either.
BBC channels seem to be worst affected. Not had the chance to debug
further but I suspect it's the extra audio channel on these recordings
that is causing the problem.

Thanks again and regards

Mark