[mythtv-users] Does the UPNP server work with Ubuntu edgy packages?

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Fri May 25 18:28:24 UTC 2007

>From: "ryan patterson" <ryan.goat at gmail.com>
>To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: [mythtv-users] Does the UPNP server work with Ubuntu edgy
>packages?
>Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 08:49:26 -0400
>
>I've been using Ubuntu Edgy for my MythTV backend and frontend sense
>January.  So far it has worked great.  Yesterday I upgraded my PS3's
>firmware.  This upgrade allows the PS3 to access some UPNP network servers.
>Some other people have written that they are able to access the MythTV UPNP
>server on their PS3.  Well mine doesn't seem to be working.  The PS3
>searches for the UPNP server then says "none found".
>
>I think the most likely explanation is that the UPN server is disabled on
>my
>backend.  Has anybody ever successfully used the MythTV UPNP server on a
>Unbuntu backend (not necessarily with a PS3)?
>
>--
>Ryan Patterson

You might want to check your router.  Mine has a UPnP setting in it.  I
think it's related to the firewall.  Also don't get your hopes up.  The only
thing it can do is play SD mpeg2 recordings and you can't fast forward or
rewind.  In other words it's completely useless in its current state.  Music
and HD don't work at all.

Jake