[mythtv-users] Somewhat OT: No remote when calling xine

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri May 25 15:46:57 UTC 2007

On 25/05/07, James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com> wrote:
> I'm setting up xine to play a playlist in mythvideo, loosely following
> the instructions here:
> http://blog.codedread.com/archives/2006/12/17/setting-up-mythvideo-for-playlists/
>
> The only big problem I'm having is that the remote is not working when
> xine is playing the videos. I'm starting xine with this command line:
> xine -p -f -phq -P %s

Any reason you are duplicating the '-p' option? I would use '-pfhq' in
place of '-p -f -phq'.

> My /home/[username]/.lircrc exists and has sections for mythtv, mplayer,
> and xine. I tried running it in a window but I don't really see
> anything. I'm using the hauppauge grey remote and my lircrc file is
> based on Jarod's guide.

Instances when I've seen program-specific problems with LIRC were
usually due to:

i) configuring MythTV's non-standard ~/.mythtv/lircrc file instead of
the normal system-wide ~/.lircrc;
ii) having non-matching button names in your lircrc and lircd.conf files; and/or
iii) not having LIRC support built into the target program.

Check to make sure you are really editing the ~/.lircrc file and that
your button names agree between your remote configuration
(/etc/lircd.conf) and your program configuration (~/.lircrc).

> I've install xine using yum. Anyone know if lirc is possibly not
> enabled? Maybe xine can't find the libraries? Any way to verify that it

Run:

# ldd `which xine` |fgrep "lirc"

and make sure the linked LIRC library exists.

> is enabled? I've tried 'xine --list-plugins' but I don't see lirc listed
> anywhere, should it be?

You should only see your installed audio/video/input/postprocessing
plugins, so it's normal to not see LIRC listed there.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/