[mythtv-users] will Nova-T 500 work?

Ashley Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Fri May 25 08:03:24 UTC 2007

The original singer tuner nova-t cards required firmware to be loaded on the
card each boot up which meant that, on a machine which turns itself on and
off for recording, after several months the flash on the card would die a
slow death taking longer to load each boot. Eventually dying completely with
it just erroring unable to write at all and the card was useless. I had this
happen on 3 cards I owned and also 2 a friend had.

The second version of the nova-t change some chipset on the card and didn't
require firmware loading, I still have these cards working fine today (got
the originals replaced with these).

So being that the nova-t 500 requires firmware loading does that mean it
will have the same problem? or was the original problem something like a
kernel bug that used to kill the cards somehow?

Ash.