[mythtv-users] Issue with channel changing script

myth at 1000angrybadgers.com myth at 1000angrybadgers.com
Fri May 25 02:47:14 UTC 2007

I am having an issue with using an IR Blaster to control my mythtv.  This
worked for several years fine with my DirectTV but I recentely changed to
a Cable box though.  I followed the tutorial at:
http://www.eggshellskull.com/index.php

The channel change script works fine from the command line but does not
change to the correct channel from mythtv.  I have included the channel
chage shell script below:

#!/bin/sh
REMOTE_NAME=DCT2524
for digit in $(printf "%3.3d" $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
/usr/bin/irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit
sleep 0.2 # note, you may have to tweak the interdigit delay up a bit
done

Any ideas what is going wrong?