[mythtv-users] How to double frame rate for bob deinterlace?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Fri May 25 02:46:48 UTC 2007

I am trying to get bob deinterlace to work however the logs indicate
that the framerate is too slow. I presume that I need to do something
with the modeline pixel clock value. I have a custom mode as follows:

        Mode "my1080i"
                DotClock 74.52
                HTimings 1640 1888 2096 2208
                VTimings 920 1012 1028 1126
                Flags "-HSync" "-VSync" "Interlace"
        EndMode

Since this mode is customized to make the visible portion of the screen
exactly fit the edges of the monitor I use the standard modeline tools
are confused. The monitor is VERY picky about the timing of the signal
(Early Philips tv that only does 540p and 1080i)  If I remember right I
got the following modeline from Jarod's howto and adjusted the timings
to make the thing fit properly.

        Mode "1920x1080i"
                DotClock 74.52
                HTimings 1920 1952 2016 2208
                VTimings 1080 1084 1096 1126
                Flags "-HSync" "-VSync" "Interlace"
        EndMode

What do I need to do to make this work for bob deinterlace? I am not even sure that this is even a 60Hz mode.

HELP!!!!!!

TIA,
Bill