[mythtv-users] American Idol Finale

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu May 24 20:22:20 UTC 2007

Bob Cottingham wrote:
> On 5/23/07, Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:
>> Tonight is the American Idol Finale. Having re-watched last
>> year's finale a few days ago, I was reminded of a few things
>> to be aware of that others may want to consider.
>>
>> - Record this even of you don't think you care.
>>
>> - Add at least 15 minutes of End Late time. I'd recommend 29.
>>
> If only I'd seen your email yesterday. My wife was dissapointed to
> have the end of the show cut off and had to wait until this morning to
> learn who won (she didn't want to know enough to bother getting out of
> bed to check online).

I should have sent this earlier had I thought of it and WAF
was one of the considerations (but I didn't mention that). There
are often suggestions leading up to the Super Bowl (how to reverse
commercial skipping is always popular) and I've sent suggestions
for recording the Tour de France when Lance was in it.

This year AI ran eight minutes and forty some seconds over.
They didn't drop confetti directly over the stage as in years
past and cut it off right after ...[the person who won ;-] got
done singing without any of the celebration afterwards.

--  bjm