[mythtv-users] Myth frontend to watch video with no backend

Chris Ward cww.list at gmail.com
Thu May 24 17:12:32 UTC 2007

I have a Myth frontend/backend setup, with most of the video storage on the
backend. I access video via NFS on the backend, and it works fine. I would
also like to watch video on a hard drive on the frontend, without a backend
present (taking the smallish frontend on a trip). I was thinking I could
sync video to it sort of like the AppleTV does, but I can't get the frontend
to start up with no backend present. Is there a way to allow this?