[mythtv-users] ffmpeg quality for Flash Files

Bob Cottingham bobnvic at gmail.com
Thu May 24 17:04:33 UTC 2007

On 5/23/07, Trey Thompson <treythompson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/23/07, Ashley Bostock <abostock at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There's no need to use the mythweb3.rar as this has already been committed
> to SVN.
> >
> > Check you have ffmpeg installed and that it has mp3 support compiled in.
> >
> > You can also find the ffmpeg line in
> mythweb/modules/stream/handler.pl and run it manually on
> the command line to see any errors.
> >
> > Ash
>
> OK, I used the line from handler.pl, and it worked just fine.  Still nothing
> from the web though...?
>
> /usr/bin/ffmpeg -y -i
> /var/video/recordings/2030_20070522223000.mpg -s 320x240 -f
> flv -ar 11025 trey.flv

I'm having the same problem. I can run the ffmpeg line manually and it
doesn't appear to have any errors (though, of course, I can't see the
video), but clicking on play on the player in mythweb does nothing
except change the thumbnail to black.  Please let me know if you
figure anything out.

Bob Cottingham