[mythtv-users] Recording storage suggestions

Phill Wiggin alamar at gmail.com
Thu May 24 15:04:53 UTC 2007

On 5/24/07, jason maxwell <decepticon at gmail.com> wrote:
> I realize that features arent pushed to the fixes branch, because it's
> there for ..well.. fixes. My questions, I guess, are: how often is a
> main release updated to include new features, and at that point, is
> the fixes branch populated with the changes that went into the main
> release? ie: can we expect to see the recording groups feature pushed
> to main or fixes anytime soon?

There are 3 branches:
-stable (0.20)
-fixes (0.20-fixes)
-unstable/dev (SVN)

A -stable version is released, any bugfixes are released as the -fixes
branch, and development (new features) continues in the unstable (SVN)
branch.  New features from -unstable aren't put into the -stable
release until a new release cycle (e.g. 0.21).  There is no set
schedule for new releases, but you can get an idea of how near a
release is by visiting:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/roadmap

Generally speaking, a new release comes out once all of the 'Active
Tickets' are taken care of.  Right now, the number of Active Tickets
is at 95 (This number fluctuates daily.. sometimes hourly).  To give
you an idea (IIRC) the release of 0.20 happened about 3 weeks after
the 'Active Tickets' count got down into the 70's.  (That timeframe
estimate can vary wildly depending on the the difficulty of those
tickets.)

Either way, I wouldn't bet on an official release within the next
month. (I could easily be wrong though!)

My best advice... check back with http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/roadmap
to get an idea for how things are progressing.

--PhillW