[mythtv-users] Card 0 (type ) is set to start on channel 1 - Myth 0.21-159_trunk_r13460

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Thu May 24 13:56:57 UTC 2007

Brian wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:

> <snip>
>

>>> I've run into that one almost everytime I run setup.  I just find the
>>> '0' card in the database and delete it.
>>>
>> Better approach:
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>>

> I did that and the problem re-appeared. I don't have a card '0' in
> mythconverg.
>
> mysql> select cardid from capturecard;
> +--------+
> | cardid |
> +--------+
> |      1 |
> |      2 |
> +--------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> But I do have it here... Strange.
>
> mysql> select cardinputid,cardid from cardinput;
> +-------------+--------+
> | cardinputid | cardid |
> +-------------+--------+
> |           1 |      1 |
> |           2 |      0 |
> |           3 |      2 |
> 3 rows in set (0.01 sec)
>

> Should I just delete cardinputid 2? I didn't find a bug in trac.
>
> -Brian

Thats the exact situation I have - it seems to depend on the order of
types? of cards you enter, so, if you add them in the order you want,
you'll get that 'card 0' problem.  My solution is as you suggest - just
delete the cardid 0 from cardinput.  I know it's not
supported/advised/approved...but after several weeks, I've not seen any
ill affects from it.