[mythtv-users] OSD glitch - starts as 4:3 and corrects to 16:9

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.biz
Thu May 24 09:50:23 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I've been using mythtv now for about 4 months, and love it.   Over that
time I've tweaked my setup, and I'm now even running SVN trunk.  So I've
very happy how things are working.  I've even submitted a few patches to
fix some of my issues with the auto-shutdown/startup process.   All this
means that I'm getting more picky on the small things that annoy me.  :)

I have a 16:9 plasma TV, and when I start watching live TV (DVB) the
following happens ... the screen goes black and the OSD appears showing
the tuner in use and the current program details.  The OSD seems to be
sized for a 4:3 aspect ratio (not taking up the full screen width), then
once the tuner locks on and the picture appears, the OSD resizes to the
full width of the screen.  All this happens within a second or so.  It
just looks a bit ugly.

I'm using the blootube OSD, but the same thing occurs with other OSD
themes.   I've also cleared the osdcache, just in case there was
something left over from when I was using a 4:3 screen.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?  Can this be fixed with a setting
change?   Or is this a glitch/bug in myth?

Thanks,
Matt