[mythtv-users] Audio Sync problem -- need help

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu May 24 03:34:14 UTC 2007

> Yesterday the phone company (while digging to add fiber optic lines)
> accidentally cut the cable TV line for my area so I had no internet or
> TV to produce the file. If I get my cable back Tonight I will try to
> do this.

Ok, my internet and cable are  back up (at least for today) and I also
have a new tuner (pvr150) so I recorded a 30 minute  (and a 15 min)
local news broadcast today on my low quality setting of 1.2GB/hr with
a resolution of 352/480. I could not play this on one of my dvd
players but a second worked fine. After watching a few minutes with
the cut points I have chosen it I can see some av sync problem with
the mytharchive dvd but it is not as obvious as after 10 or more
commercials on a 1 hour soap opera the I record for my girlfriend.
Anyways I think I may have to refine a few settings and maybe do some
more testing with the 15 minute show before uploading it somewhere.
Then the problem is where do I put it for free? For 30 minutes that
will be around 570MB or 1/2 that for 15 minutes. I guess at last
resort I could open a sftp port in a chroot jail on a non standard
port (as my ISP blocks all the standard ports) but then my upload
speed is limited to 768Kbit./s.

John