[mythtv-users] Comcast PDX / HDHomeRun QAM / Public Broadcasting (OPB) Changed frequencies

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Wed May 23 18:59:40 UTC 2007

Hi,

Over the last two weeks I've noticed that programs recorded off of 10.1 and
10.2, local public broadcasting, have not recorded and this corrupts the
next HD show to be recorded after the OPB show too, (not sure why that is
happening.)  This morning I found root cause for the OPB part of this issue.
It appears that the Comcast frequencies for Vancouver, WA / Portland, OR
have changed for 10.1 and 10.2.  When I manually tune to those channels in
Live TV, HDHomeRun fails to get a lock.  I only assume that they have moved.

Now my questions.  Is there a way to do a APPEEND TO ONLY channel scan?
Setting up the channels the first time was a pain.  I would prefer not to
have to manually edit the call signs and lineup number for all of the
channels again.  As it is I still have ~30 channels all labeled as
JEWLERY_TV.  They are actually public access channels where the closest
channel number with a name is JEWLERY_TV.

Thanks,
Jon