[mythtv-users] USB IR receiver and TiVO remote

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Wed May 23 09:17:53 UTC 2007

Hi,
I'm using a TiVO remote with a homebrew serial IR receiver currently.
However I just bought a new frontend which does not have a legacy serial
port, so I need USB.

Are there any USB receivers that work with a TiVO remote?
Or am I going to have to buy a remote+receiver combo, like the Media
Centre remote?

Does the Media Centre remote have a good mapping of buttons to Myth
functionality? I suppose it should since it's a PVR. I always thought
the TiVO remote was a good choice because the functionality is similar.

Thanks
Hamish