[mythtv-users] lirc and xine

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue May 22 23:45:01 UTC 2007

On 22/05/07, David Campbell <dave at cpfc.org> wrote:
> I use xine for video playback
>
> I have an mceusb2 remote.
>
> Making the mceusb2 remote work with xine is driving me potty.
>
> I have tried various lirc configs from the web and I have made sure that
> there is both a /home/mythtv/.lirc and /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lirc (a
> symlink of the former) but whilst everything else workd once I am in
> xine I can't do anything.

I'm hoping you really meant ~/.lircrc and ~/.mythtv/lircrc.

> I have also tried:
>
>   xine --keymap=lirc
>
> but this generates output like
>
> # zoom in
> begin
>          remote = xxxxx
>          button = xxxxx
>          prog   = xine
>          repeat = 0
>          config = ZoomIn
> end

That's what it should generate - you need to fill in your remote and
button names from your valid /etc/lircd.conf (or your distro's
equivalent) for this to work in xine. Have you done this? Does your
xine has LIRC support compiled in?

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: