[mythtv-users] SA3250 Channel Change over Firewire

John Hannan jhannan at gmail.com
Tue May 22 21:10:21 UTC 2007

Hi
I'm trying to get channel changing over firewire working using the sa3250ch
program from the contrib/change channels/ directory of myth.  At this point
i'm not trying to capture content over firewire just want to be able to
change channels.

I've compiled the sa3250ch program successfully as described in the readme.
When i try to change channels however I either get no result or it changes
to a different channel than desired.  For example entering: sa3250ch 600
changes the channel to channel 52.

I don't get any errors using the verbose mode and the output says i've got
the same unit id as i get from plugreport.

Any other thoughts on what could be wrong here?

from searching the threads someone had similar problem in 2006 but I didn't
see any resolution to it.

thanks,
John