[mythtv-users] deinterlacing and non-smooth playback at 1080i

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Tue May 22 18:18:54 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 07:08:14PM +0100, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On 5/22/07, James Buckley <xanium4332 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > So is there anyway at all to get 1080i videoo, not deinterlaced, over a
> > 1080i DVI connection (at thus HDMI presumably). I wonder whether the opengl
> > video output of the mythtv-vid branch might work around the problem?
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Well both xv and opengl work for me. The trouble with xvideo is that I
> have to turn off xvideo sync to vblank - otherwise it locks up - but
> this introduces some fairly ugly tearing. Opengl output works well but
> needs a beefier gpu.

Mark,

Based on your other e-mail I am guessing that it 'works for you' when
you use the 8776 driver.  What kernel are you using that driver with?
Are you using DVI out?

I guess I'm getting lost in the 'this works, this doesn't' matrix.

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
If someone were to ask me for a short cut to sensuality, I would