[mythtv-users] myth.rebuilddatabase.pl recovers recordings with truncated playtimes

JS Boyd mythtv at futures.com
Mon May 21 20:53:59 UTC 2007

I already cleaned out the old shows with mythfrontend. I used the SVN
version of myth.rebuilddatabase.pl to import the orphaned recordings.
Some imported fine, but others mostly the HDTV shows recorded via
HDHomerun ones all have short lengths.

Does anyone know where MythTV gets it's idea of a show's recorded length?

Thx in advance,

S.

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/21/2007 02:24 PM, JS Boyd wrote:
>
>> Actually, that's the one I used.
>>
>> myth.rebuilddatabase.pl in SVN trunk
>>
>> <sigh> Any other ideas?
>>
>> Thx in advance.
>>

> You'll need to first delete the old show from MythTV using mythfrontend
> (to clear out /all/ the old recording info).  Then, import the new
> recording.
>
> Whatever orphaned your recordings left a /lot/ of other orphan records
> in the DB.
>
> Mike

==
Ubuntu Edgy 6.10
MythTV SVN version below
AMD 64 x2 4200+ 65W Energy Efficient Processor
Abit NF-N2 nView Motherboard
NVidia 6150 video VGA/DVI
PVR-500 (Phillips Chipset)
 IVTV 0.7.0-2+2.6.17.1-10.34
HDHomerun
1GB RAM
500GB Seagate SATA: ST3500641AS
SONY DVD RW AW-G170A
Library API version     : 0.20.20070327-1
Source code version     : 13427
Network Protocol Version: 34
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_xvmcw using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_ivtv using_firewire using_libavc_5_3 using_dbox2 using_hdhr using_iptv using_live using_lirc using_joystick_menu using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_opengl_vsync using_opengl using_frontend using_backend using_bindings_perl