[mythtv-users] Lack of aerial access

Dan Gravell dan.gravell at talk21.com
Mon May 21 20:23:27 UTC 2007

We have just moved into this house and the truth is I don't know. The survey said it's of a timber frame construction, but wouldn't there be insulation in the cavity?

I have had an aerial engineer visit who seemed helpful but didn't like the prospect of running the cable in the cavity. He suggested an amp splitter off the current feed which then goes up to the study, but then we noticed the obvious problems with the tiles...

So I guess the problem is that I don't know what's inside the walls. It's a modern house, 1980s build. In many ways, of course, such a solution would be most desirable because so long as it all goes smoothly it will be the neatest finish.

Dan