[mythtv-users] myth.rebuilddatabase.pl recovers recordings with truncated playtimes

JS Boyd mythtv at futures.com
Mon May 21 18:24:18 UTC 2007

Actually, that's the one I used.

myth.rebuilddatabase.pl in SVN trunk

<sigh> Any other ideas?

Thx in advance.

S.

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/19/2007 04:03 PM, JS Boyd wrote:
>
>> I used myth.rebuilddatabase.pl to recover some orphaned recordings, but
>> when I try to play back those recordings they all have very short
>> playtimes even though the file sizes are correct.
>>
>> For instance, a 59:01 minute show will have a displayed 2:17 length and
>> Myth will only play the recording to that truncated length. I notice
>> that myth.rebuilddatebase.pl plugs in "endtime" and "progend" database
>> fields set to "1969-12-31 17:00:00" on recovered shows, so I fixed
>> that... but it did not lengthen the time displayed via "i" during
>> playback or the length the program will actually play.
>>
>> So where is Myth getting the value that determines how long a recorded
>> program is?
>>

> Check out the myth.rebuilddatabase.pl in SVN trunk.  It works and
> properly sets the runtime.
>
> Mike

==
Ubuntu Edgy 6.10
MythTV SVN version below
AMD 64 x2 4200+ 65W Energy Efficient Processor
Abit NF-N2 nView Motherboard
NVidia 6150 video VGA/DVI
PVR-500 (Phillips Chipset)
 IVTV 0.7.0-2+2.6.17.1-10.34
HDHomerun
1GB RAM
500GB Seagate SATA: ST3500641AS
SONY DVD RW AW-G170A
Library API version     : 0.20.20070327-1
Source code version     : 13427
Network Protocol Version: 34
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_xvmcw using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_ivtv using_firewire using_libavc_5_3 using_dbox2 using_hdhr using_iptv using_live using_lirc using_joystick_menu using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_opengl_vsync using_opengl using_frontend using_backend using_bindings_perl