[mythtv-users] Directv.pl follow up

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Mon May 21 16:24:03 UTC 2007

 >From: "Jeff Simpson" <jeffsimpson[at]alum.wpi.edu>
 >To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users[at]mythtv.org>, "Brian
Wallen"

<http://www.mit.edu/%7Eje18337/directv/directv2.pl>
<http://www.mit.edu/%7Eje18337/directv/directv3.pl>

 >I'll admit I haven't done as good a job at version control as I should
 >have. the one that ends in v3 is the one I currently have in my own
 >/usr/local/bin directory. It has the "osd_on" and "osd_off" commands,
 >which work. Do not use the setup_channel command, just put a channel
 >number on the command line.
 >
 >Try that out and let me know if it works.
 >
 >- Jeff Simpson

Thanks for the script, but it didn't work either.

Last night, I discovered that for some reason, my D11 would give the
directv.pl script grief when tunning to one channel.  The box would
actually *tune* to the channel, but, the box apparently told the script
that it timed out.  This was using setup_channel.

So I download the directv3.pl from above, and started playing around
with it.  I finally solved the problem by using the channel only tunning
- but then got the osd mentioned in this email originally

SOLUTION:  edit the script, and locate the following line:
my $chan_change_key_param

Insert after the above line:

$chan_change_key_param=0;

I believe that is what fixed it - though this was done *after* adding a
few calls to 'exit'....so not sure of the interaction.