[mythtv-users] Audio Sync problem -- need help

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon May 21 13:24:41 UTC 2007

> John, or anyone who is having the same problem, any chance of using
> MythArchive to create a native archive of a file that doesn't work for
> you and provide it for download somewhere?  Just let MythArchive create
> a directory for the backup and zip up that directory. A native archive
> will allow me to import that recording, including the same cut points
> etc, so I can hopefully reproduce exactly what you are seeing. It's
> something I simply cannot reproduce here using pal recordings.

I have two problems with that right now. The first is at my normal
recording level 2.2GB/hr a file will be too large to deal with. I
guess I could try at a lower bitrate and only capture a few minutes
and then add a lot more cut points than commercials. I am currently
dealing with some hardware issues as the old master backend is dead
but the new machine will not use the card with dma enabled. After
setting ivtv to use pio mode it looks like it is working.

This evening I will try to record the news or something where people
are talking on camera at a much lower bitrate and see if I still have
the av problems. I guess to keep it small I still will have to make a
lot of artificial cuts to make the av get far enough out of sync to
see.

John