[mythtv-users] Lirc "pauses" ?

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Mon May 21 12:44:01 UTC 2007

On 5/20/07, Jos Hoekstra <joshoekstra at gmx.net> wrote:

> Mario Minati schreef op 20-5-2007 9:35:
> > Jos Hoekstra schrieb:
> > Did you try tail -f /dev/lircX while pressing buttons on the remote?
> > That is the first place in the system where you should see something.
> >
> > Greets,
> > Mario Minati
> Well, if it were possible to do so, I'd do that, but tail doesn;t
> consider the /dev/* entries as files it can proces.
> Maybe there's a startup option for lirc to log every keypress it passes
> on?
>
> The machine in question seemed to be low on memory so I upgraded the
> memory to see if it would improve lirc as well.
>
> *keeps fingers crossed*

Look at the lirc mailing list archives:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=lirc-list  In
particular my posts in this thread: *http://tinyurl.com/ypzxuo*

Basically -- there is some sanity check there that is a bit insane.  Anyway
-- even though they're still debating *why* the sanity check fails in my
setup, the #if 0 mentioned in the list, applied to CVS, fixed all of my
problems.

-Dave