[mythtv-users] Serial irblaster - how do I get lirc working

Chris Mcnally expectspam2 at pobox.com
Sun May 20 12:13:37 UTC 2007

Thom Paine wrote:
> http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/tips.php
>
> It is down near the bottom about controlling an external box. There
> are some links that I used to get mine working.
>
> Maybe they can help you with your box.

the Mythtv wiki has some info on this.   You need to have two lirc
daemons running, but only one config file which is combined. You have to
have the lirc serial module installed. Please check out the wiki (which
basically points to this link (Fedora specific,):

http://www.eggshellskull.com/lirc/blaster/index.php

It's very detailed. I think it might still get you there although you
are using Debian.  This is the myth wiki page:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Using_an_IR_Blaster_with_MythTV