[mythtv-users] myth.rebuilddatabase.pl recovers recordings with truncated playtimes

JS Boyd mythtv at futures.com
Sat May 19 20:03:46 UTC 2007

I used myth.rebuilddatabase.pl to recover some orphaned recordings, but
when I try to play back those recordings they all have very short
playtimes even though the file sizes are correct.

For instance, a 59:01 minute show will have a displayed 2:17 length and
Myth will only play the recording to that truncated length. I notice
that myth.rebuilddatebase.pl plugs in "endtime" and "progend" database
fields set to "1969-12-31 17:00:00" on recovered shows, so I fixed
that... but it did not lengthen the time displayed via "i" during
playback or the length the program will actually play.

So where is Myth getting the value that determines how long a recorded
program is?

I have used mythcommflag to rebuild the seek table and that did NOT
change anything. I suspect that mythcommflag may be the problem, because
if I copy the files to the "mythvideo" and play them from there, the
lengths are correct. Of course, seeking does not work or is horribly
slow and there is no commercial flagging.

Thanks in advance.

--
==
Ubuntu Edgy 6.10
MythTV SVN version below
AMD 64 x2 4200+ 65W Energy Efficient Processor
Abit NF-N2 nView Motherboard
NVidia 6150 video VGA/DVI
PVR-500 (Phillips Chipset)
 IVTV 0.7.0-2+2.6.17.1-10.34
HDHomerun
1GB RAM
500GB Seagate SATA: ST3500641AS
SONY DVD RW AW-G170A
Library API version     : 0.20.20070327-1
Source code version     : 13427
Network Protocol Version: 34
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_xvmcw using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_ivtv using_firewire using_libavc_5_3 using_dbox2 using_hdhr using_iptv using_live using_lirc using_joystick_menu using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_opengl_vsync using_opengl using_frontend using_backend using_bindings_perl