[mythtv-users] xscreensaver-command is never invoked

Mario Minati mario at minati.de
Sat May 19 17:38:35 UTC 2007

While setting up xscreensaver (on Ubnutu 7.04 with myth-0.20) as
screensaver I stumbled over this:

When MythTV sets up the ScreenSaverControl object it creates an X11
ScreenSaver object, which I conclude that from the DPMS
Deactivated/Reactivated messages in the log. But either the Constructor
never gets called (huh) or there is some other odd behaviour:

The external command 'xscreensaver-command' never gets invoked.
I checked that with a shell script instead of the real program which
write a log when called and it never writes anything, except when
started by hand.

There are non of the DPMS messages that are generated by the Constructor
in the log (--verbose all).

Could someone give me a hint on what is going wrong?

Thanks,
Mario