[mythtv-users] Lirc "pauses" ?

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Sat May 19 18:06:46 UTC 2007

I had this issue.  I worked on it for two days.  My problem turned
out to be not myth or lirc, but fading batteries.  When the batteries
get week in my remote it starts behaving VERY irrationally.  The
first few commands fire out faster than is controllable then is
slowly stops working.  It finally dawned on my to try covering up the
emitter on the remote to give my frontend a "break" while still
holding down the buttons.  Turns out the frontend didn't need a
break.  My remote needed new batteries.  :-)

Hope this helps,
Jon